The goal behind online marketing is to convert viewers into buyers, in very simple terms. Email marketing is considered better than social media marketing. Why, you ask? One reason is that people check their emails for more formal purposes. Also, on social media, marketing competes with anything that is ‘fun’ and socially engaging. How to use Facebook Squeeze Page to Capture Email Addresses. Let us Best Email Marketing Strategies to Convert Your Prospects into Subscribers. 5 Best Email Management Practices.
But, in many cases people do not get results from email marketing.
Email marketing can be highly effective for you because:
- You have full control over the content.
- You can do it without much expertise. Just know email marketing strategies.
- The cost is relatively low than placing advertisements. In ads, you will be unsure if it will get you results.
- Once people subscribe to your newsletters, your reach is high. Many are sure to take notice of your updates.
- It works for most businesses.
With so much scope, you would want to get the best of results from email marketing. 3 Common Email Content Mistakes and how to fix them. Here are the best three strategies that convert your prospects into subscribers.
- Give offers
Your content determines everything. An email’s content should be good and professional. It should be engaging at the same time. The email must tell its readers the information straight forward instead of writing irrelevant things. If the content is not short and clear, many might get annoyed and just unsubscribe.
The best way to hold the attention of your users is to offer them something. Gone are the days when people would send updates about their products. Now, it is necessary for you to tell how your product will benefit the customer.
Therefore, your emails should offer some incentive. It could be a deal, a discount, or a thing that you know your reader wants. Make it logical so that they feel that they want to buy it for good reasons. Also, use words like ‘limited period offer’ so that the user wishes to buy it immediately. 5 Ways to Organise Email Marketing to achieve Higher ROI.
- Good content
Going back to the previous point, good content is necessary. But how do you decide what ‘good content’ is? How do you make sure that your content is not bad? Get your emails opened with these 7 expert subject line tricks.
Here are things that good email contents should have:
- Short – They should be kept short. If you write long stories in your mail, chances are most people do not read it. They don’t have the time or attention for it.
- Clear – Say whatever you want to say clearly. Do not write irrelevant stuff and type the message at the end. People will simply not read till the end. So, make your message clear.
- Engaging – You must hold the interest of your user. Your email should always have an offer. But, they should also have other engaging things.
- Personalise – This does not mean writing the user’s name. This means that you should include some relevant details. For example, the user’s previous purchase, or their location.
- Avoid spam – To avoid spam, never capitalize all your letters. People are less likely to report your mail if you do not write irrelevant stuff.
- Subject line – Create suspense in the subject line (but never write “Oh my god!”). From your subject, the reader should understand what the mail is about.
- Visuals – Visual appeal is a great tool for marketing. Insert images, graphs, pie charts, or other such elements in your mail.
- Best email marketing strategies to keep your list fresh.
- Build a relationship
Users subscribe to your mail if you build a relationship. Make them feel connected. You can ask them to fill some surveys about your mails. Ask them questions to know how they respond to your products. This will make them feel special. But, do not be obtrusive. This means that you cannot annoy someone with your questions. List Building – The Best Email practices.
At every step of them looking at your products, send automated mails to push them to the next step. This push should not be hard but gentle. Ask for their feedback and comments. Be appreciative of these.
These three email marketing strategies are the best there is. With these, you can convert your prospects into subscribers. You can then create leads which eventually turn into buyers. Four Steps to Launching an Email Marketing Campaign.